The Kannapolis City Council meets on the 2nd & 4th Monday of each month at 6 p.m. at City Hall. Agendas for the meetings are available at https://kannapolis.novusagenda.com/agendapublic/
KANNAPOLIS NOTICE OF CITY VIRTUAL PUBLIC MEETINGS
Because of the risks to the public that would arise from continued in-person meetings, the City of Kannapolis is converting public meetings to a virtual format for the duration of the North Carolina and Kannapolis State of Emergency.
This meeting format complies with the State of North Carolina, Cabarrus County, Rowan County and the City of Kannapolis State of Emergency Declarations in response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
1. Viewing meetings and public participation is available through Zoom (https://www.zoom.com.)
If you wish to speak via video using the Zoom platform, you must call 704.920.4303 or email firstname.lastname@example.org in advance no later than 5 p.m. on the Friday prior to the meeting. You must provide your name, address, telephone number and email address. You must inform the attendant which agenda item you wish to speak about. At that time you will be given a Meeting ID and a Password so you can participate with an opportunity to speak. You will be able to listen to the meeting activities but your microphone will be muted until it is your turn to speak. If you wish to join the meeting without speaking please inform the attendant.
2. If you wish to listen to the meeting by way of telephone, and you wish to speak, you must follow the procedure outlined above in #1. You will not be allowed to speak unless you have indicated your desire to do so in advance following the procedure above.
3. If you wish to view the meeting and listen only (you will not be seen and you will be muted) - please click this link:
Or One tap mobile :
US: +13126266799,,89082465914# or +19292056099,,89082465914#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 312 626 6799 or +1 929 205 6099 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 253 215 8782
Webinar ID: 890 8246 5914
International numbers available: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kdceqnHgLU
(If you did not submit a request by the deadline to speak during a public hearing but would like to do so - you can raise the hand feature on zoom and you will be acknowledged to speak at the appropriate time)
4. If you wish to submit written comments and not speak you may submit the comments by email to the City Clerk at email@example.com or voicemail at 704-920-4303 by 5 p.m. on the Friday prior to the meeting. Written comments will be made available to the Mayor or meeting chairman prior to the meeting and submitted into the meeting minutes. Comments are limited to 250 words.
5. If you desire to have written materials or electronic presentations (e.g., PowerPoint) presented to the Council or Board, they must be provided to the City Clerk at the email address above on or before 3 business days before the scheduled meeting date.
Inappropriate comments will not be allowed either in writing or verbally.
Anyone who requires an auxiliary aid or service for effective communication, or a modification of policies or procedures to participate in a public meeting of the City of Kannapolis, should contact the office of Tina H. Cline, Human Resource Director and ADA Coordinator, at 704-920-4302/ firstname.lastname@example.org at least 3 business days before the scheduled meeting.
For additional information, contact the City Clerk’s office at 704-920-4303, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Click here for tips and best practices for participating in virtual meetings.