Run Kannapolis is part of the City’s Discover a Healthy Life brand. Hosted this year by Atrium Health - there will be eight 5K walks/runs in the City. City leaders are asking people of all ages and all abilities to participate in these events.
“We hope that adults and children will participate in all eight of the 5K events in our City. My family and I plan to participate. These events are a great way to connect us to each other, make new friends, help non-profits and get healthy together,” said Kannapolis Mayor Darrell Hinnant.
Runners/walkers are encouraged to participate in the entire series of races but series awards will be provided to only those who finish at least five events. For those who participate and finish all eight events, there will be a special recognition.
2022 Run Kannapolis Series
The four participating spring 5K events are:
- March 12 (9:00 a.m.) - Rhythm & Run 5K (NC Music Hall of Fame)
- April 9 (9:00 a.m.) - Strides for Stroke 5K/10K (Atrium Health)
- April 30 (8:00 a.m.) - Spring It On 5K (Kannapolis City Schools)
- May 11 (6:30 p.m.) - Jiggy with the Piggy 5K (Kannapolis Parks & Recreation)
The three participating fall 5K events are:
- August 27 (9:00 a.m.) - Shooting Star 5K (Kannapolis Cannon Ballers)
- September 24 (9:00 a.m.) - Kannapolis Got Rec'd Fun 5K (Kannapolis Parks & Recreation)
- November 12 (9:00 a.m.) - 5K for Heroes (Old Armor Brewery)
Runners/walkers are encouraged to participate in the entire series for unique prizes from the City of Kannapolis.
FALL RACE REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!
REGISTER FOR RACES THROUGHOUT THE YEAR AT RUNKANNAPOLIS.COM